The Bowling Depot is a five-pin bowling centre that was formerly located at Deerfoot Mall in northeast Calgary and is now at Airways Crossing - a new at-grade building on McCall Way NE.
The Bowling Depot formerly operated in the Huntington Hills area of Calgary as Centennial Bowlerama before moving to Deerfoot Mall in 1998. The centre separated from Alberta Bowlerama shortly after this move and is now family-owned. The center will remain family-owned at the new location. This is the only full serve bowling center in Calgary north of 16th Avenue. It is also the only five pin center in Calgary with full handicap access.
The centre has 24 bumper bowling capable lanes with a full sound system and digital jukebox. The food service - formerly Pizza Hut Express - became Canada's first Buchi Z Pizza location. The center runs over 20 leagues covering mixed, youth, Special Olympics and women's. Numerous Bowl Alberta provincial finals have been played here.
The center is equipped with Bowland X scoring, which includes a slot machine game that is used during the centre's spring league. In 2011, the center installed new synthetic lanes.
The center closed the Deerfoot Mall location in July 2014. The new location opened November 29, 2014. The new facility will feature 24 synthetic five-pin lanes, pro shop, two birthday party rooms, glow bowl, and an enhanced kitchen and bar service.
Specifications - New CenterEdit
- Opening: September 2014
- Access Level: Street Level
- Lanes: 24
- Lane surface: Qubica SPL
- Pinsetters: String - PBS CA-1
- Automatic Scoring: Qubica Bowland X
- Restaurant Capabilities: Full Kitchen and Bar Service.
- Other amenities: digital jukebox; pro shop; equipment repair; birthday party room.
- Parking: Airways Crossing features ample parking.
- Transit: Airways Crossing is served by Calgary Transit route 57. This route can be caught anywhere along the 36 St NE corridor including Marlborough, Rundle and Whitehorn LRT Stations.