The Bowling Depot is a five-pin bowling centre at Airways Crossing. It is located on McCall Way NE and is across Barlow Trail from Silver Wing Links.
The Bowling Depot formerly operated in the Huntington Hills area of Calgary as Centennial Bowlerama before moving to Deerfoot Mall in 1998. The centre separated from Alberta Bowlerama shortly after this move and is now family-owned.
This is the only full service bowling center in Calgary north of 16th Avenue. It is also the only five pin center in Calgary with full handicap access.
The centre has 24 bumper bowling capable lanes with a full sound system and digital jukebox. The food service is Canada's first Buchi Z Pizza location. The center runs over 20 leagues covering mixed, youth, Special Olympics and women's. The center has hosted zone, provincial and national tournaments with YBC, Bowl Alberta, the C5PBA and the Master Bowlers Association.
It will host the five pin bowling competition for the 2019 Special Olympics Winter Games.
The center is equipped with Bowland X scoring, which includes a slot machine game that is used during the centre's spring league.
The center was located in Deerfoot Mall location until July 2014. The current location opened November 29, 2014. The birthday party area features a set of dividing walls that could support as many as three party rooms.
On May 9, 2016, the center was the scene of the first perfect five pin game ever bowled at the Youth Bowl Canada National finals. The game was bowled by Jenna Lamoureux, who was representing Alberta on the Senior Girls team.
Specifications - New CenterEdit
- Opening: September 2014
- Access Level: Street Level
- Lanes: 24
- Lane surface: Qubica SPL
- Pinsetters: String - PBS CA-1
- Automatic Scoring: Qubica Bowland X
- Restaurant Capabilities: Full Kitchen and Bar Service.
- Other amenities: digital jukebox; pro shop; equipment repair; birthday party room.
- Parking: Airways Crossing features ample parking.
- Transit: Airways Crossing is served by Calgary Transit route 57. This route can be caught anywhere along the 36 St NE corridor including Marlborough, Rundle and Whitehorn LRT Stations.