Century Casino and Bowling is an entertainment complex in the Highfield Industrial area and is composed of a bowling centre and casino. The facility is on 42nd Avenue SE about six blocks east of Blackfoot Trail.
The bowling centre has gone through different changes through the years. The current layout features 30 lanes of tenpin. When Century took the center over, the bowling center received new automatic scoring and new synthetic lane heads.
There were two five pin lanes are located to the left of the tenpin lanes that were numbered 51 and 52. As of 2014 these lanes were converted to ten pin. These two lanes are equipped with the only AMF pinsetters in Calgary. There is no word if the remaining 28 Brunswick A pinsetters will be upgraded.
The center was formerly known as the Silver Dollar Action Centre. It previously hosted the PBA Tour's Number 7 Invitational, an event pitting Canadian tenpin bowlers against the best of the PBA. It also hosted bowling on TSN.
- Access Level: Street Level
- Lanes: 30 (ten-pin)
- Lane surface: Qubica SPL heads, wood pine areas, approximately 6 Brunswick Pro Anvilane lanes.
- Pinsetters: 28 lanes Brunswick A, 2 lanes QubicaAMF 90XLI.
- Automatic Scoring: Qubica BES
- Restaurant Capabilities: Full restaurant and bar.
- Other Amenities: Arcade, casino, shows.
- Parking: A good sized parking lot, however be aware this bowling alley is part of a casino, which can get busy and thus the parking lot is usually full.
- Transit: Getting here by transit is not recommended. Route 30 - caught at 39th Avenue - serves the area, but service ends after 8 PM. There is no bus service on weekends.
The facility's focal point is a casino providing over 450 slot machines and most other games of chance.
Show Room Edit
The facility features a 350-seat show room that has hosted conferences, trade shows, and meetings. Many class acts have performed here, including Garth Brooks, Rick Springfield and Billy Ray Cyrus.
A restaurant and lounge sum up the offerings at Century.