Chinook Bowladrome is a five pin bowling center located in the lower level of Chinook Centre. It has been in operation since the opening of the Chinook Centre Mall.
Commonly referred to as "Chinook" by local bowlers, Chinook Bowladrome is one of the city's bowling hubs. Chinook runs over 30 leagues, including Special Olympics, mixed, mens, competitive, and YBC.
Chinook has hosted several high-profile national tournaments, including the Canadian Open national championships, the Kids and Golden Agers Natinoals, and the Youth Bowling Council national championships. It will co-host the 2013 Master Bowlers Nationals. It was a former host for the Calgary Corporate Challenge and currently is the home centre for the annual Bowl For Kids bowl-a-thon.
The facility offers public bowling. The place has multiple party rooms for birthday events. It is equipped for glow bowling - the 32 Brunswick Pro Lane synthetic lanes have a built-in glow effect. Bumper bowling is available for children.
- Access Level: Basement - handicapped access is available via a chair lift at the interior mall entrance.
- Lanes: 32
- Lane surface: Brunswick Pro Anvilane
- Pinsetters: String - Schmid SW-1
- Automatic Scoring: Brunswick Frameworx
- Restaurant Capabilities: Short order kitchen, pizza available.
- Other Amenities: Pro Shop, Equipment Repair, Party Room.
- Parking: There is plenty of free parking, however be aware that Chinook Centre is one of Canada's busiest malls, so finding a spot may require patience. Allow ample time to find parking if you are reserved.
- Transit: The Chinook LRT station is about a ten minute walk away. The mall has previously provided a shuttle service for the Christmas season. Routes 10, 72, and 73 have stops along MacLeod Trail closer to the mall.