The Savour Wine & Food Festival is an annual celebration of good food and wine concentrated in Calgary's downtown. The 2006 event will be held from February 22 to March 4. The 2005 event was held from February 23 to March 12.
Some of the highlights of the festival include:
- Wednesday, February 23: Fetzer Appetizer Challenge at the Colonel James Walker Building on the SAIT Campus
- Thursday, February 24: Art & Wine at the Art Gallery of Calgary
- Friday, February 25: California Wine Fair at the Telus Convention Centre in support of the Calgary Opera
- Saturday, February 26: Sip, Shop & Savour
- Saturday, February 26: Canadian Wines Seminars
- Saturday, February 26: Gala Wine Masters Dinners at Centini
- Monday, February 28 to Friday, March 4: Dine Around Lunches with John Gilchrist
- Thursday, March 3 to Saturday, March 12: Downtown Dining Week
There are many other events, many of whom are hosted by Calgary's finest restaurants.